This page covers:
A Quick search finds text containing the search term (e.g. multilateral, immunity).
- Type or paste the term you want to find in the Search box.
- Click or press Enter.
- The results of your search are displayed in the Results list.
- Click on any of the results listed to open it.
- To search for a phrase, enclose it in inverted commas (e.g. “human rights”).
- You can use the wildcards * and ? in your search.
- If you click a result from a product not available under your subscription, a message indicating this fact will be displayed.
When you carry out a quick search, you will be presented with two tabs of results. The first represents results from within Investment Claims. The second is labelled Extended Results, and presents results matching a search query in the full text of Investment Claims content, alongside results from content in the International Commercial Arbitration collection (from the Oxford Legal Research Library) and results from the full text of the journals below:
- Arbitration International
- Capital Markets Law Journal
- ICSID Review - Foreign Investment Law Journal
- Journal of International Dispute Settlement
- The Journal of World Energy Law & Business
- Uniform Law Review
- Journal of International Economic Law
- The Extended results tab is not shown on Browse results, nor on results obtained via an Advanced search.
Access to the content behind the results
- You will be able to access the full text of the content behind each result only if you or your institution subscribe to the product in which that content is published.
- The full content will be displayed in its native environment – i.e. journals content will be served up by the Oxford Journals site for the relevant journal, whereas Investment Claims content will be displayed in the Investment Claims environment, and International Commercial Arbitration content will be displayed in the OLRL or ICMA interfaces.
Narrowing results using filtering
- At the moment, you are only able to filter results in the Extended results tab to exclude content to which you or your institution do not have full text access.
- In the future, we plan to add additional options, including filtering by content type and by product (including by individual journal).
- Note also that if you have used filters to narrow results from Investment Claims before clicking on the Extended Results tab, you will lose those refinements if you later click back to the previous tab..
Other ways to search
For more targeted searches, specifying more than one search terms, the subject, jurisdiction(s), party, content type, etc., to be searched, use an Advanced search.